Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thickening the Sauce

You can really tell a lot about a man by the contents of his cupboard. Frankie's reveals his ability to take a wide variety of ingredients and combine them into either a delectable dish or a deadly meal. Frequently the two are the same in every way, unless of course you consider the unfortunate after effects of the second...



One could only imagine the disastrous consequences should our cuisinier "accidentally" stray from a specific recipe. The safest bet would be to stay in his good graces; but if ignorance is preferred, just stay out of the kitchen.

In all actuality however, the Pascetti family is normally content to leave Frankie to himself with little to none in the way of nit-picking and scrutinizing. A happy cook is a happy customer, and the same could be said between a kingpin and his enforcer.



It's not always such a smooth exchange though. Anzio telling Frankie how to do his job is like sending a plate back to the chef. Granted, sometimes it is necessary, and the Boss has seemed very particular about the order of events these last few days.

With the temperature rising as of late, only time will tell how this will all play out. But I have a hunch that the time for our involvement may be approaching sooner than we thought...

6 comments:

John said...

I really enjoyed that. I think you should continue with your comics.

Heidi said...

More, please!

{B}dreamy said...

No, please don't put an end to our involvement!!!

Michael said...

If the boss can't stand "the heat" (not referring to temperature) he better get out of Frankie's kitchen.

Michael said...

Oh, don't give Frankie's recepie to my wife. She normally likes to try new recepies, but I'm not sure if I'd like the kick involved in Frankie's "zesty" sauce. I guess I'm just old fashioned and don't like kick when it means that I kick the bucket.

apb said...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that using ellipses just automatically make any sentence that much more mysterious and dramatic? That may be why I've noticed most of the antagonists' dialog boxes ending with those three little dots... Ha